Experience and Examples
Social Media Strategy
"The distance between your dreams and reality is called action."
Social Media Manager- Twin Mission Tutoring & Child Care Services, LLC.
· Performing research on audience preferences.
· Designing and implementing social media strategy to align with business goals.
· Generating, editing, publishing, and sharing engaging content daily.
Communicating with followers, responding to inquiries in a timely manner
Change Agent, Voice Our Power
· Generate, edit, publish and share content that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action.
· Build and execute social media strategy through platform determination and audience identification.
· Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data and insights, then acting on the information.
· Coordinate with Founder/CEO Shiquita Yarbrough to create racial education training sessions for Voice Our Power retreats.
May 2018-December 2019
Communications Graduate Assistant
· Organically grew Enrollment Services social media following from 0 to approximately 700 on Instagram and Twitter.
· Served on Search Committee with senior management for Recruitment and Orientation Communications Coordinator.
· Developed policies and procedures for tele-counseling department; interviewed and trained students to perform all tele-counseling functions.
· Developed creative, timely, and high-quality marketing materials for current and prospective students across digital and print platforms.
· Used Hobsons Retain Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) to implement approved communication plan and report analytics.
January 2018-May 2018
Marketing and PR Intern
· Used various applications to track follower count and interactions then develop a plan to improve following base.
· Wrote and promoted relevant blog posts and created a new design for school website.
· Created and executed marketing plans to ensure a consistent social media presence.
· Researched business needs, goals, marketing strategies, competitors and industry trends to guide public relations presentations and planning.
March 2017-May 2018
Social Media Coordinator
· Managed University of Memphis Enrollment Services social media channels, including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and other relevant platforms.
· Created content that promoted audience interactions; increased audience presence by approximately 1,000 followers and encouraged audience participation.
· Completed credit evaluations for transfer students with prior credit and analyzed both freshmen and transfer applications to the university.
December 2016-May 2018
Marketing and PR Chair
· Controlled social media on four platforms targeted towards members, alumnae, parents, and future members increased consistent follower interaction.
· Represented the chapter at sorority and university functions.
· Established long-term objectives and implemented ways to achieve them.
· Lead marketing committee to improve social media presence and ensure consistency and relevance in posts.
· Used Hootsuite social media planning platform to plan future posts and monitor the success for each post.
· Designed social media and other content including monthly newsletters and promotional flyers.
· Maintained cooperative relationship with representatives of other organizations and various campus leaders.